Saturday, May 12, 2012

Weekends

Some of us live for them, some of us work for them, and some of us work on them.

Whichever group you belong to, it is that time of the week again. I will have most likely been to Gtown and maybe even helped out with installing an air conditioner or two for my mother by the time the weekend is done.

I think that sometimes my weekends aren't breaks from work, so much as breaks from routine. My work week is pretty routine, but my weekends are usually wide open. This can mean any number of things - Gtown; a 90 minute drive to a CITY (omg, no way!); helping Mother out with her yard; trying to catch up on my housework; or, simply sitting and enjoying a well-deserved break from the work week.

I have neighbors that work very hard on their yard over the weekend, and I have neighbors who go back home over their weekends. I am sure you all have different ideas of what a weekend should consist of, and how you handle them.

I'm looking forward to the time when I can get some travel in, see some sights with my children and the Daddy-o (3 more months!). My family did most of their traveling during holidays and in the summer. We rarely went anywhere over the weekend, and when we did, it was always fun. I would like to share that with my children, and let them see some of the amazing stuff I saw growing up. I would also like to see how things have changed since I was there.

How do you enjoy/tolerate your weekends? Are you busy doing honey-do's, or are you enjoying the weekend fully?

At any rate, have a great weekend, faithful readers!

No comments: