Monday, May 7, 2012

Mondays

Yep, it's Monday. I was awakened at 3 a.m. not being able to breathe and coughing up a storm. Seems my allergies have kicked in full force. First time in quite awhile. Grrr.

On the bright side, I took some daytime cold medicine for the stuffy nose and feel amazing compared to 7:30 this morning.

The kids cooperated well this morning, and were able to be ready to go when I got myself together, finally.

However, my brain is muddled by the feeling icky and the medicine, so Geometry was a bit of a struggle this morning. It was out of the way first thing this morning, and the one on one work with students was quite a bit easier the rest of the day. I did warn the students I was taking cold medicine so it would be highly likely my explanations would be long and involved, and occasionally ramble.

The day, despite it starting out as a Monday, has not been too shabby. I was able to find the exact formula for Girl to work on her science experiment for measuring the speed of light using a microwave and marshmallows. I was able to help students with assignments with very little difficulty, and the day flowed well.

Sometimes I think Mondays become Mondays because of our own attitude. Sure, it seems like once things go wrong or awry, the rest of the day has the same type of thing happening. I think it may be simply because we only recall the negatives.  I have had plenty of Mondays start out with something like an earring back going down the drain, followed immediately by me spilling something on the kitchen counter, which is in turn followed by me dropping nearly everything I pick up. Personally, this may happen simply because the first incident made me doubt my abilities or second guess my grip on what I was holding, which made me alter something, and the dropsies happened. Or, it could be the fact that once something went wrong, I was only able to see the bad things that happened during the day, instead of the way the students always speak to me with a title, not just a last name; or the way I made someone smile because of something witty; or the way my son just hugged me because he loves me.

What do you think? Do we sometimes let ourselves drown in the misery of Monday, ignoring the great feelings we give someone else, or the great feelings we should have from others?

Remember, comment contest this month! So far, only one person has commented. She may take the whole kit and caboodle if you don't gang up!

Have a fantastic week! See you tomorrow!

No comments: