Thursday, May 10, 2012

Random

Today's post will be random, as usual.

I would like to take a moment to share some thoughts with you. I am a member of the Beta Sigma Phi sorority, and in our particular chapter, we share random acts of kindness. This has been a welcome addition, in my opinion. It has helped me to stop and appreciate the small things, even if it's a simple smile from someone, or even for someone.

I like the idea of just randomly being generous. Along with that, I would like to have you visit Matthew again. He is posting about a new project he is part of, called The Kindness Project.  Take a peek at what he says, and visit the other folks he mentions in his post who are part of the project. The idea is not a new idea, but it is a great idea, and should be a part of our general make-up as human beings.

So, for today, try it. Just a little act of kindness. It's not hard. And the nice thing is, if you are like me,  the random-ness of the act will keep people on their toes, trying to figure out where it came from or what I am up to! LOL!

Today, and every day, I will make sure to show someone an act of kindness; a smile, a wave, hold a door, speak an encouraging word or three, or even just offer a helping hand.

No comments: