Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sunday Morning

I have frequently taken my Sundays as days of reflection, so pardon me if this goes a little weird.

I am sitting here thinking about how much my daughter has meant to me over the years, and trying to avoid being a weepy woman. She is a strong young lady, which means I have done well. I love my son just as much. We are a strong family unit. I am sure that when Daddy-o comes home, we will work to make the unit function with the addition of his presence. It worked before, and can work again, but should work better because of the man he has become.

I am thankful for the support of the friends and family who have stood behind Daddy-o, and our family, as we have waited for his return.

I am thankful for the letters and phone calls we have shared with Daddy-o, and that we all have learned to communicate a bit more effectively.

I am thankful for the time apart, to help us both appreciate what we have had in each other. This time has also helped me to more fully appreciate my own strength, and that of my children.

I am also thankful for the chances my children give me to break down, and not be the strong one, or the one who has to be responsible and be both parents, and the chances to let the weight come off my shoulders, even for a few moments

I am truly thankful for the opportunities I have had over the years because of my single parenthood, and the results of those opportunities.

 I am thankful for the cynicism of my mother, and because I know she wants the best for me, I also know she will be happy for me if I am happy.

Take the good with the bad, for that cannot be good without bad. I am me and my circumstances (Sr. Unamuno y Jugo). I would not be me without the experiences I have had.

No comments: