Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's Day

How was your Mother's Day? Mine was pretty normal - in that it was a typical day, not a celebration of my fantastical SuperMom abilities. Yeah. Saturday I got Mas' lawn mower working, mowed her lawn, and mine, and gave out before the weed-eating could commence.

Let me tell you about my Sunday.

Girl had spent the night with a friend in Gtown, so me and the Mas had to go get her, dragging Little Man along. After Grumpy Girl got in the car, we headed for Wallyworld. Both Mas and I got what we needed and were starting the "picking just the right check-out line" process when Girl asks to go get her money so she could get me a card. I am in shock at the thought she wanted to, but also at the fact she would force us to stay in that store for more time. Silly Girl, she should know better by now.

After checking out, we drive over to the very nearby grocery store, where Mas proceeds to do her shopping, and I am sitting in the car with the children. Girl tells me to check her FB page. She posted a very nice paragraph in honor of me being her SuperMom. Sweet!

Little Man was fantastically sweet the whole day, and I feel bad because I forgot to put on the cool Mother's Day bracelet he made me. (I wore it yesterday for him!) Eventually my mother completes the shopping experience, and I help her load the groceries into the car, and Girl took the cart back.

I get  back into the car and Mas has some kind of green stuffed animal in a bag on her lap. I'm thinking she got me a frog. No, she got me a gecko. He's cute. (Bear in mind I got her a VERY nice piece of jewelry.) I decided to take her to Wendy's (cuz I'm sweet like that) for Mother's Day lunch. It was a different place - we hadn't eaten there in a few months - and it was kind of neat. Dude at the counter gave Mas a free drink and told her Happy Mother's Day! Sweet!!

Until.

Yep, I made a mess. Oh yeah. I had put garbage in Little Man's sack, and then set it on the table for him to take to the garbage can, and it tilted over, spilling left over ketchup on the bench. NICE! It was all me. I claim that goof. It wasn't too bad of a mess. Mas laughed.

Thankfully the trip was over. Time to go home. We unload everything, and I go home to make a no-sew blanket. Yep. Decided to be crafty after showing off my "packing stuff into a bag skills" earlier. Totally forgot to double knot before throwing it in the washer. It came out alright though. Girl had helped with the knotting, so many of the knots had stayed and no re-aligning was necessary (only re-tying).

After that excitement was settled down, I was trying to read, but my daughter decided she wanted to watch a movie. In our house, apparently we can only watch movies with the lights off (although I do admit the reflection of the lights can be quite irritating at times), so there went my reading time. My son was already in my room watching movies in there. Well, I was stuck. Not a real choice - either watch the movies, or play a computer game. Guess which I did.

Sure had fun finding things in that game! LOL!

Have a fantastical day!

No comments: