Monday, April 30, 2012

"Y"

I took a peek over at Quintessentially Questionable Query Experiment where Matthew covered the Yakuza. I have always been fascinated by the tattoos of the Yakuza, being of a modified body myself. The artwork that goes into the full body suits of the Yakuza is astounding. Nothing short of awesome, despite anyone's feelings regarding tattoos. The art itself is inspiring. And the years it takes to get the entire tattoo work is daunting, not to mention the pain involved! These tattoos are most often done by hand through a highly respected master of the technique. Just, wow.

Soon my sorority will be doing it's yardstick to measure how well we did in terms of the expectations for our sorority. It will be odd not to participate this year, but I am confident that we will come out in the typical 3-star range for our small organization. This idea has made me consider taking stock of my own life, and creating a yardstick for myself. In all honesty, I feel like I have measured up in many areas, but am still lacking in the betterment area. Sure, I read prolifically, and write, well, not as often as I should (certainly not everyday) but in reality, I am stumbling on my road to a better health-syle. I started out well back in February, but am slacking. I found an interesting site, Couch to 5K, and am surprised at how easy it really sounds. I tried it last Wednesday, and I think I might be able to handle it, with a little help from Girl and Little Man. When Dad gets home, it could be fun!

I have become more interested in yoga, as there are a number of poses which, despite my current lack of flexibility, are pretty low impact and not too stressful on the aging body I am inhabiting. Yoga seems to give me a sense of peace, even simply watching it. I have seen the difference in one of my sorority sisters since she started it (oooh, such alliteration!) and am loving how her outlook has improved. Maybe I can accomplish this through the use of my Wii, and speaking to a local instructor (yes, our little town has one - ask at the rec center!).

Enjoy your day!  Look for a pet brag board, and a new contest starting tomorrow!!!


No comments: