Thursday, April 19, 2012

Dreaded "Q"

Okay, if anyone knows me, they know I have a rather off-the-wall sense of humor, and today's letter reminds me of a Denis Leary routine about NyQuil.  It's from his "No Cure for Cancer" album. Check it out - he makes me laugh, especially when he is very inappropriate.

Now, how about "quitting" for a topic? Weird huh? I guess seeing the drop in numbers in the junior class here makes me sad - and worried about my future.

I am failing to see how not understanding that actions/choices have consequences and those consequences may be very difficult to overcome, so quitting is an acceptable choice.

This goes for school, work, life.

Students should be held accountable for their choices and face consequences. Not failing a student who is failing classes and not holding that student back to understand the concepts being taught means those students are set up for failure in college, and the real world. Strong and terrible opinion, I know.

If work is difficult, seek employment elsewhere, but don't burn your bridges. You never know when you may have to crawl back and ask for a job there again.

And I know life is hard, and scary, and sometimes full of pain, but a permanent solution to a temporary problem is something that I do not see as acceptable. So....don't quit - anything!

Okay, if you have never heard of it, the Quintessentially Questionable Query Experiment is by a man participating in the A to Z Challenge this month, and he has the kind of humor I appreciate. Please go check him out. He has help for writers submitting their work (or attempting to submit anyway), and the information could be useful for some of you who read my blog. The posts he has been making for this month have given me reminders of words I rarely use, but could find a place for in my stories - although some are just fun to say, like today's - "quixotic" - so fun to say!

Anyway, another reminder of comment contest, so get to commenting! And W, yes, you...I know you can comment, so do it!!

Don't forget to tell your friends, family members, acquaintances, and even your enemies about the blog!

Have a fantastic day!


No comments: