Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Open

I am faced with a blinking cursor again, and posting for "O" seems very difficult to do. I am going to have to be open to any ideas.

Open to ideas - yes, open to new ideas, old ideas, new points of view. I think that could be some of my trouble with my writing. I am fighting against being open to new ways of looking at things. I struggle with looking at things and saying "what if" so I am starting to think I may not be the writer I think I am. *shrug* But, I have been finding ideas in the weirdest places. Zombies...Shakespeare....some what-ifs and       some new points of view.

So I am trying to be more open to new points of view. Until I hear strange stories like the one about the Stalking Cat (thanks for THAT visual, W!). Look it up. Be shocked.  Anyone who knows me knows that I am pretty good with body modification, just make up your own mind, okay. Might be me being old (another "O" word).

Now, I am going to remind you to start commenting because I have a comment contest that began on the 1st of April. The first commenter (Mrs. H!) gets a prize, and there will be random comments chosen throughout the rest of the month which will win a prize. I am hoping to make the contest monthly. Clear rules will be established and stated for everyone's benefit! When you comment, remember, I might be looking for the one that makes me spit my Dr Pepper onto the screen, or the one that makes me fight off the tears. Just show me some response, that I touched something in you that makes you feel strong enough to respond.

And don't forget, tell your friends! If things work out, I could see me building this into something useful for everyone, not just me to vent onto.

One more thing, let's all try to be a bit more open to new points of view, shall we?

No comments: