Monday, April 23, 2012

Simple

This weekend was a glorious one for me and my family. It was full of quality time together, and with friends. It was simple, and I find joy in simple, especially after a busy week.

Friday night was the only night last week I didn't have something scheduled. It was a simple pleasure to sit and play games on my computer, and to help my daughter with her homework. My son enjoyed hanging out and watching movies with me. Very relaxing night. Again, simple pleasures. And it was nice to have a simple mind after that week.

Saturday was a simple day of visiting, and, although technically it was work, I helped a student with her senior presentation. That was not really work though (not for me). I managed to find the day full of a simple life.

Yesterday was a busy day, but it held the simple pleasure of catching up on housework. Sounds weird, I know, but hear me out. For me, doing dishes by hand is relaxing because I can think about what needs to be done, make lists in my head, and then zone out. I made 3 meals yesterday (again, shocking, I know!) and scrubbed up a mess my dog left me because she was sick. Mopped the entire hallway and kitchen. Whew. Worked up a heck of a sweat, but it was accomplished and I felt accomplished. I know some people who read this might not understand, but I am so not Martha Steward or Susie Homemaker, and so doing things like that is usually a torture, but yesterday it felt fantastic. And it was really a simple pleasure. Plus, because I did that, my daughter had to clean the toilet. hahahahahahaha

Anyway, take the time to find the simple pleasures in your life. Reading, watching a favorite television program, listening to a favorite radio program or song (or album even), gardening, whatever floats your boat. Those simple pleasures don't really mean a simple mind, but a relaxed mind and body (finally!).

Remember, comment contest and tell everybody about the blog!

Wishing you a day of simple pleasures.

No comments: