Monday, April 30, 2012

Words with Friends

I was the chaperone for the students traveling to the State Art Symposium Thursday and Friday, so my posts for those days are being done today, along with Saturday's and I really have no excuse for Saturday being late.

"W" brings to mind wild, wacky, witty, willful, wonderful, and wicked. All of those adjectives can be applied to me, of course. Also, my daughter could be those things. Well, face it, the apple doesn't always fall far from the tree. (Right, Mom?) And most of my friends fall into those separate categories, and one in particular (A) fits all at once. She's so crazy!

I have been playing a game with some family and friends on Facebook called Words with Friends.  It's basically Scrabble for those who do not know about the game. It's addictive. And has been a good way for me to stay in touch with a friend of mine I haven't heard from in awhile.

This game is also tough, especially for me. Sure I know words, but I am playing against my mother, who collects words like most little old ladies collect tschotkes (I think I got the original Yiddish spelling here, so don't freak on me!)! That is when I have a hard time. Also, I get the strategy of playing on the double and triple letters/words, but if there are no letters to work with, sure is hard! Ahh, challenges!

In response to all my readers (one!!) who have posted comments, thanks! And to you others, what the heck do I have to put in here to get a response? If there is a suggestion for a topic you would like to see me cover, feel free to let me know.

Mrs. H, just let me know how you want me to handle your big win of an Amazon gift card when you get a chance! I appreciate you taking the time to read and respond to my posts. Maybe we can visit about a new contest that starts next month - OMG, that's tomorrow!! Yikes! That means only 27 days until Girl's birthday and that means a learner's permit. Holy Hannah!

Anyway, enjoy the words in your life, and all your friends who have colorful adjectives attached to them!

No comments: