Saturday, April 7, 2012

"G"

Today I would like to talk about being Grateful. I know, I know. But are we truly considering the things we have, the life we have? Are we feeling grateful for what we have in our lives?

I am grateful that I have two absolutely wonderful children who love me for me, every day, angry or happy. These two amazing beings are a marvel to me. It has been simply fantastic to have them to myself for the last nearly 9 years. I have learned a lot about myself, and being a good parent, in that time. I have become so appreciative of the time I get with my young ones.

     Girl - You are a true beauty, inside and out. You make me feel very proud when I see your smiling face and hear your laugh. I love how you love me, and always make me smile every day. Your little ways are something that I can't see my life without, even if I tell you they are annoying. I love you so very much, and have loved watching you grow into the lady you are becoming.
     Little Man - You are so amazing, my son. You have a fantastic imagination, and the most loving heart. I love how helpful you are, almost always without a complaint. And you have some of the greatest ideas for games to play. I love our conversations, and that you love so many things I do. You are totally your mother's son (except for the tapioca). I dig that we read comics together, and write together, and watch shoot 'em ups together. I think you are awesome, and I am eager to see you continue your growth into the young man you will be. I love you!

I am grateful for a mom who has grown with me in the last 10 years. Thank you so much for everything you have done, and continue to do, for us. Even if I want to commit elder abuse on you, I love you for all your cynical and old bat ways. I love the laughter we have, and the serious crap we talk about, and having  the strangest talks about things like "from not here" and other euphemisms we have discovered.

Friends, I am truly grateful for each one of you. The laughter, love, and trust we have can not be replaced. Ups and downs and in-betweens have been part of us growing together. I love each of you for your special ways, ways I appreciate every day.

Students, I am grateful for you as well. Each of you has taught me something in return for working with you. Thank you for your differences.

Tell me what you are grateful for today. I would love to hear from you!

No comments: