Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Unusual

No surprise for those who know me that I would pick this word today. I am drawn to the unusual, the different, the unexpected. I like being unusual, not a "sheeple" and I am pretty sure I am unexpected for most.

I like the unusual, the unexpected. I know we all see things differently, based on perspective, upbringing, etc., but I love how I see things differently. When I look at Seurat paintings, I see the dots, and at the same time, I see the simplicity, the big picture, and the little details.

When I look at a flower, the construction is astounding, and especially so when it is off-kilter and different from those flowers around it. I like the stuffed animals on the shelves which have eyes that are crossed or in different positions, because they are unusual.

However, I am not interested in the price that sometimes comes with the unusual. Yeah, that unusual (often a mistake or mutant genes) suddenly ups the price on something. That seems completely counterintuitive. I understand the concept that one-of-a-kind things are low in supply, high in demand, and prices will rise for that. But really? For a stuffed animal some dork couldn't be bothered to set eyes onto correctly before sewing should have it's price raised. Um, no, I don't believe so.

How about the unusual facts we collect in our lives? Like the fact that James Earl Jones is a stutterer. Yeah, surprising, but a fact nonetheless. Makes me enjoy his voice even more, honestly.

I love learning unusual things, unexpected things. Jude Law wears a hearing aid...yep. Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (ask me who he is...yum-o) speaks with a Cockney accent, except in movies, where he adopts a Sudanese accent, and is fluent in several languages, as well as having a masters in Law from the University of London.

So, learning unusual facts (although I just plain love learning) can be kind of neato, huh?

Is there something unusual you like to see, hear, buy, learn, do? Please, share! Could be fun trying something new, maybe even terrifying ourselves. They say that life begins outside of your comfort zone!

Remember, comment contest ends next week! Looks like Mrs. H may sweep this month's. She could be looking at a decent gift certificate from Amazon.com!!!! So, don't let her take the whole shebang! Make her work for it!

Don't forget to tell your friends, neighbors, family, and enemies about my blog (at least I could offend them for you!)!

Have a great day!

No comments: