Wednesday, April 11, 2012

"i"

So today's (yesterday's actually) topic will begin with "i". Sometimes I am reminded of Sesame Street as I do these posts -- "Today's show is brought to you by the letter "I" and also the number "6". Comment if you remember being "Raised on the Street" (LOL).

Anyway, today the topic will be...

insecurity.

Do you experience this? If you don't you can't be human. I experience it everyday, every time I walk out the door. I doubt myself, my abilities, my needs. Do you? 

I struggle with believing in myself, not sure why. I don't believe a compliment that comes my way (unless it is spoken by my children because I have them trained to be truthful, mostly). I have a hard time trusting words from people I don't know well. Pretty sure they want something, and I'm not down with that.

I don't believe in my abilities as a writer, although I have heard I do fine. I am involved in a writing group to write for myself, and encourage others with their abilities. I also don't believe that I'm smart enough to be a tutor, although I know that the students who come to my for help leave having learned something. I just doubt myself in that respect.

Okay, low self-esteem. Whatever. I call it insecurity. 

Thoughts.

No comments: