Friday, March 30, 2012

One Pet Peeve at a Time

So, having been harassed repeatedly today (W, that's you I'm talking about) to post on my blog, I searched some memes and found this one, which spoke to me for some reason. I now present to you a list of my pet peeves, in no particular order, most of which can be guessed by those who spend any length of time with me. This will likely be added to on a regular basis, btw. (I have a lot of peeves)

1.  Generalizations made about me because of my size/relationship status/age/frequent use of "colorful" language. I may be FAT, but I am active, and rarely spend time in a doctor's office or hospital for myself. I'm a single parent, not necessarily by choice, and I'm very responsible and loving, so bite me. I'm 40 and FABULOUS! I graduated second in my class, and continue to learn every day - my I.Q. shouldn't be questioned by someone who can't tell me the difference between "there" and "their" or "its" and "it's."(Or any number of these types of grammatical issues)

2.  Anyone who cannot tell me the previous differences laughing at me making a mistake in my speech or writing. That is hypocritical, and redundant. (I will make more than enough fun of myself, thank you very much)
[BTW, for anyone's benefit really, there is a specific grammar issue that makes the writer or speaker appear less than intelligent, especially when it is an education department letter being sent out - the correct form is "people who" and "things that" because people are not things!!! 'k thanks]

3.  ANYone who thinks they just "have" to be in the lead on the highway. Usually these are males with large over-compensation pickups who give the appearance of hating a woman in a car successfully passing them.

4.  The fact that giant vehicles have to park surrounding smaller vehicles. Really? There was NO where else to park that giant thing? Or is it the fact that you have to show off the size? That says so much about you.

5.  The fact that otherwise perfectly healthy humans cannot be bothered to put a cart in the cart corral. Really? That is just soooo far to walk your healthy (usually younger and thinner) body. *tear*

6.  The vast majority of youth thinking that school does nothing for them, and therefore choose to not participate. And those that argue about the fact school is more than a waste of time. **grrrrrr** Please, walk a mile in my shoes, and I actually graduated high school and have 2 college degrees! If I struggle, imagine what the world will be like WITHOUT an education!

7.  The frequent fact that there can be 2 or 3 lines of 10 people to check out in a large chain of well-known stores, yet there are no calls for additional checkers. Because customers have NOTHING else they have to do but wait for the person who does the next month's grocery shopping for themselves AND the neighbor, and the person who has to ask 20 questions on the 3 items they picked up.

8.  Teenagers acting like the world owes them something because they are here. Hahahahaha, that is hilarious. I would love to know who told them this fallacy, because that person is a freakin' genius at marketing. The world is NOT fair, NOT going to give you whatever you want when you want it, and being pretty ISN'T going to get you far because beauty fades with more speed than brains (usually).

9.  Someone bathing in perfume or cologne. Really? If you stink that bad, try bathing with soap and water! Works wonders for humans.

10.  Stoplights that make no sense, time-wise. A busy highway and turning lanes with lights that allow 2 cars (3 if everyone is focused) to turn equal Road Rage. And to top off the timing issue, add in the turning lanes that allow for u-turns. That is just asking for an accident!

Okay, so that's what I have for this week. If anyone missed it, I posted my Non-Discrimination Policy on a separate page yesterday. Have a fantastic weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Girlfriend, we SOOOOO think alike, esp. with regard to Numbers 1, 2, 3, 4!!!, 5, 6!!, 7, and 8!