Friday, March 23, 2012

Call Me Grace

Today has been a day. I don't have a clue what it is, but for some reason, I have been in the foulest mood. I have tried to at least be someone those around me can tolerate, but before I left for lunch, I was an unpleasant person. Lunch made me feel so much better. However...."this too shall pass."

After lunch I decided the students would very likely not be asking for assistance with Geometry Questions (because I am surely the right person to ask for help with Geometry Stuff), so I picked up the answer key notebook that weighs 9 million pounds (I'm tough I tell ya) to return said item to the rightful owner. However, being the naturally talented and classy broad I am, the notebook slipped from my shoulder, attempting to take my throat with it. I now have a slash on my neck. Woohoo!

My mother told me to go to the nurse's office to clean it up, being that everyone and their dog has touched that answer key.  One of the lovely ladies in the office took me and cleaned up this cut (that up until she started to clean it had not bled), and that's when I had a DROP of blood (if that) appear. No bandage for me, thank you very much! I am TOUGH!!

Really, the pain is at a dull ache and not worth mentioning (mostly). My mother came to the nurse's office to remind me "Only you, only you" and of course, she's right. If I am going to injure myself, I will surely do it in a big way.

And just a moment ago, I was exiting a classroom, and nearly got mowed down by a large freshman running for class. I covered - "GOD - bless America!"  See, I can be a good girl.

No comments: