Thursday, March 22, 2012

Say 33 - blog meme


Kaye Dacus posted this a few weeks ago, and after arguing with my computer, I managed to get back to where I can post again. So, the following is a meme from a blog she follows, and she told her readers to use it on our own blogs if we choose to. Now for my answers...
Say 33---You in 33 Questions
1. Your main trait: passionate impatience with stupidity
2. The quality you like best in a man: currently, breathing is highest on the list, followed immediately by being ready, able, and willing to work (so he can keep me in the manner I would like to become accustomed to), then he must have a great sense of humor
3. The quality you like best in a woman: really, it's so close to my answer for #2, you might as well just read that again.
4. Your main flaw: See #1
5. Last time you cried: St. Patrick's Day - I laughed so hard at a commercial, I cried. Then later that night, I laughed so hard at something I saw, I cried.
6. Ideal job: English/writing professor
7. Scent of a place: prairie after a rain storm stirs up the sagebrush
8. Beloved movie: the one I return to repeatedly is probably a tie between The Princess Bride (I love both stories in it!) and Pirates of Penzance with Kevin Kline, Rex Smith, and Linda Ronstadt (I know, I'm a big dork, but I love it!!!)
9. Book on the nightstand: The first book in The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever - Lord Foul's Bane. (thanks Sean - and Mom)
10. First and best kiss: first kiss - Jay R. in 6th grade - can still point out the exact spot it happened too. Best kiss - hmmmm, still waiting really
11. You couldn’t do without: My children
12. How you would like to die: peacefully in my sleep
13. Song you sing in the shower: I honestly don't sing in the shower. I'm too busy trying to stop my shoulder from hurting, or thinking about my schedule for the week, or planning what new and exciting ways I can torture my children and my mother
14. Your deadly sin: See #1
15. Your not-so-deadly sin: Addiction to seek and find games
16. Your motto: If it first you don't succeed, try brute force
17. Ideal first date: depends on how old I am when it happens, I guess
18. Favorite present: my daughter's first steps on her own, on Mother's Day
19. What you do on the train: I've never been on a train, so if I ever get to ride on a train, I imagine I would be gawking like the hick from the sticks that I am
20. Something you’d change in your body: um, DUH!! If you know me, you know the answer...although I'm working on it!
21. Your addiction: food
22. Now on your left: piles of papers with math problems on them, a folder with the sign in sheet for GearUp, a prospectus for Trent University in Nottingham, emails, and some other papers I'm not sure of
23. Now on your right: more papers with math problems on them, info about OdysseyWare, a bottle of water, and my daily schedule for work
24. Now in front of you: My computer, and a student writing vocab
25. Now behind you: Another computer, a can of Dr Pepper, and a calculator
26. 3 names for (of) your children: I have 2 already (Girl and Little Man) but I recall having a strong desire (when I was 12 or so) to name my son Justin Jory, and I have always loved the name Honoria for a girl.
27. 3 things in your purse: wallet, cell phone, keys, bag of meds, and an extra pen (call me an overachiever on this, but that is literally all that is in there now)
28. 3 places that fascinate you: Australia, New Zealand, and England (I'm sensing a theme here)
29. 3 people you’d like to meet: Stephen Hawking, my great grandparents, and many of my ancestors
30. 3 traits that annoy you in others: Dishonesty, closed-mindedness, and intolerance (these were Kaye's but they are mine also)
31. 3 values inherited from your parents: Strong work-ethic, open-mindedness, ability to think for myself
32. In your past life you were: A teacher probably
33. In your future life you’ll be: A professor, of grammar, yeah, that's it
Now, feel free to use this on your own blog, and leave comments if you would like! I'd appreciate a comment once in a while!

1 comment:

D Mann said...

Just for folks to understand, my own mother calls me a Grammar Nazi. So, yeah, a professor, of grammar, yeah.