Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tuesday

Today is the second to last day of school for this year.

The year has flown by. I have seen a lot of changes over this year. I was sorry to see some students make the decisions they made, but have seen some good come from other students opting for alternatives to our school.

I am proud of the students who forged ahead, setting the goal for themselves to complete the requirements. I wish the other students good luck for their future.

There are 2 faculty who will retire this year, and although this was a surprise, it was not a big one. One teacher taught me when I attended here, and I know he has also seen a lot of changes, and some of them aren't so good. Not all of them are bad, just some aren't so good. The other staff member has been here awhile, and has been a strong IDP and aide. It is time for her to be a grandmother though.

I am sure that the summer will also fly by, and that next school year will be here all too soon. However, I am going to be thrilled when I get paid again!

I hope that you are all ready for summer vacation to start, and will be just as ready for school to begin in the fall.

Have a great day today! Enjoy the weather, the birds, the flowers, the children.

No comments: